Monday, September 30, 2024

A Fork in the Road -Marc

 A FORK IN THE ROAD

 

So long ago, through a fog

​I recall

My love of music and performing

​Their applause and compliments 

Had I forgotten what could had been

​If I followed that road

Or why I laid down my sticks

​For a girl who would betray me

 

Into a life of Science

​Which was never enough

Something always missing

​But I would never allow

That part of my heart to surface

​To get in the way of the script

 

But, miracles of miracles

​They put the sticks back

Into my hands

​And it all came rushing back

An avalanche of emotion

​And my heart broke once again

 

But I know that I would have never met you

​My love of loves

Without the road I traveled

​So I gladly lay down

My sticks again

​And mourn what might have been

No comments:

Post a Comment